They Each Use the Orion Push-to-Talk 2.0 for Security Operations.
Orion helps teams across industries with frontline operations. But there is often a common need that spans all these industries: Security.
Keeping people and property safe is mission-critical for every business, and for many of today’s enterprise organizations, this requires a physical security and executive protection team. These teams face the typical communications challenges that result from a distributed, on-the-go workforce. They require a particular set of solutions that meet their distinct operational needs, support efficiency, effectiveness and safety, and enable each team member to stay heads up and alert.
Where in the past, many of these teams relied on legacy radios, now they’re searching for something new and innovative. Physical security operations have realized they need a sophisticated communications solution that helps them stay ahead of bad actors and threats. Outdated radios or limited push-to-talk (PTT) applications that lose range and lack AI voice automations no longer fit the bill.
This is why many of our security customers have turned to Orion.
The Benefits of the Orion PTT 2.0 Platform for Security Operations
So, what do our customers gain with Orion’s comprehensive voice solution? The Orion PTT 2.0 Platform for Security provides:
- Multimodal PTT functionality with voice, text, photo, video, and file communications.
- Command Center provides a complete view of real-time operations so Security Operations Centers (SOCs) can improve operational control.
- Voice AI Bots that are always on and ready to perform complex workflows by responding to voice queries, commands, events, or actions.
- End-to-End Encryption that meets the highest standards of today’s security teams, so messages are always protected.
- Situational Intelligence & Reporting gained by all of the location and voice data sent over the platform. This data boosts SOCs insights into real-time activities and enables archiving of data for analysis.
- Third-Party Integrations supported by Orion’s patented API layer give voice access to critical backend systems while users stay heads up and situationally aware.
Four Orion PTT 2.0 Use Cases for Security
While the fundamentals are the same, each use case is different. Let’s take a look at each:
A top crypto exchange needed a sophisticated voice-first solution for its executive protection (EP) team. They selected Orion for our ability to work on any available LTE network and WiFi – a necessary requirement with high-profile executives traveling around the globe. Orion also met their cybersecurity requirements for end-to-end encryption built into the platform’s foundation. Orion’s Operations Console supports the organization’s Global Security Operations Center (GSOC) with a complete view of its executive protection team operating in real-time around the globe.
A social media giant also relies on Orion to provide world-class executive protection for its executives with demanding, global travel schedules. Orion Voice AI Bots also assist the team with geolocation-based triggers. When the executive leaves the office, automatic workflows alert teams when the executive has left the office, is en route to a new location, or is pending arrival. Each team member always knows the executive’s location and is prepared for the next step in a standard operating procedure.
A private university required a modern push-to-talk solution to replace radio devices that hindered clear communications and were limited in range. Orion’s PTT 2.0 ensures their ability to seamlessly scale for campus events or staff requirements. Orion is also available on any device, including smartphones, tablets, and desktops. Their campus security gained greater situational awareness via Orion’s location-based insights showing the geolocation of team members. Orion supports connectivity via WiFi or LTE, ensuring the security team can communicate over any distance — even offsite.
The Intelligence Community employs Orion for incident response with a secure communications environment that spins up, runs, and spins down for globally dispersed teams operating in real time. Special operations teams use Orion’s patented Voice AI Bots to increase efficiency and amplify their abilities on the go with automated workflows like checklists, geofence or location-based triggers, emergency or all-call alerts, translation of more than 60 languages, and more. Orion’s ability to integrate into field and government technology like ATAK (Android Team Awareness/Tactical Assault Kit), geospatial systems like ESRI, and more help teams stay situationally aware in the field.
Want to learn if Orion’s PTT 2.0 is right for your security needs? Contact us today.
You might also like:
- 7 Ways Push-to-Talk (PTT) 2.0 Improves Physical Security Operations
- Webinar: The Future of Physical Security Communication with Push-to-Talk 2.0
- Orion Video: What is PTT 2.0?
- Orion at Special Operations Forces Industry Conference (SOFIC) 2022
- Push-to-Talk 2.0 (PTT 2.0): Transforming Communications for the Defense and Intelligence Communities
- Article: Field Operations: Driving Change With Voice in the Age of AI
- E-book: 12 Reasons Radios Are Holding Your Company Back
- E-book: The Future of Voice at Work