Next Generation Voice Platform for Real-Time Business Invests in Additional Bot and Automation Capabilities as Voice Becomes Recognized as the Next Major Tech Trend
SAN FRANCISCO, Jan 11, 2018 — Orion Labs, the fast-growing voice platform for teams in business, enterprise, and government organizations, today shares highlights from 2017, which included an expansion into retail and other new verticals and the introduction of Orion Pro, a subscription service for organizations to seamlessly manage powerful voice communication and automation across teams.
“Last year we saw rapid increases in voice services adoption and an explosion in opportunities for new voice technologies,” said Jesse Robbins, Orion Labs Founder and CEO. “As voice becomes recognized as the next evolution in UI for the workplace, our customers, which include fast-paced businesses and government organizations, are first to capitalize on innovation in this space.”
Orion’s capabilities, which include real-time translation, voice-based database lookups, and team location mapping, further enhance the power of voice in creating a more seamless and productive environment for businesses, which are increasingly under pressure from customers and partners to deliver better service, more quickly.
Key milestones for Orion in 2017 included:
- Increased adoption within businesses, with expansions in hospitality, retail, education, transportation, facilities and event management, and other industries
- New voice capabilities:
- Orion Translator: Orion’s real-time voice translation bot
- Orion Pro, a subscription service that includes the Atlas Command Center, centralizing permissions and feature control for admins to customize across teams
- Integration with popular automation service IFTTT, with Applets for Alexa, Google Assistant, and more
- Additional $18.25m in funding, validating Orion’s vision for voice in the enterprise
- Partnership with Federal Resources, a leading provider of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance (C4ISR) solutions
- Partnership with LTE chipmaker Sequans Communications to power LTE-M wearable devices
- Award recognition including the Edison Awards, the IoT Breakthrough Awards, and Aragon Research’s Hot Vendor Awards
Orion is at the forefront of the revolution in voice as the new interface between people and technology. Using Orion, teams can communicate securely in real-time, across any distance, with other people and with intelligent bots and services. Orion’s award-winning Onyx lightweight wearable walkie-talkie lets people talk privately or with teams, and control an increasing range of business tools and automation services through simple push-to-talk functionality, all while remaining heads-up. Onyx works with iOS and Android smartphones to deliver messages over any cellular or Wi-Fi network.
About Orion Labs
Orion Labs is transforming the way people and teams communicate using the power of their voice and has been recognized as Hot Vendor by Aragon Research. Orion’s award-winning platform delivers secure, real-time voice communication across a constellation of connected devices, applications, and services. Orion gives mobile teams a heads-up, eyes-free experience that enables them to communicate without losing focus, across any distance, anywhere in the world. The company was founded by cloud infrastructure pioneers Jesse Robbins and Greg Albrecht who were inspired by their experiences using traditional radios as firefighters and EMTs. Orion Labs is backed by leading investors and is based in San Francisco, CA.