Orion Labs Unlocks More Ways to Talk, Greater Control for Enterprise Customers
Subscription-based Orion Pro makes it easier for users to manage efficient voice communication with colleagues and bots at scale. Other updates include advanced user settings and enhanced security features
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb. 21, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Orion Labs, the fast-growing voice platform for teams in business, enterprise, and government organizations, today announces expanded capabilities for Orion Pro, its subscription-based Push-to-Talk solution for business. Orion Pro includes core Push-to-Talk capabilities, real-time language translations, voice search, and the Orion Command Center with centralized group and user permissions management. Today’s update empowers Orion Pro group leaders to more easily set up groups and manage user permissions, improving security while also streamlining communication.
Orion Pro’s new controls and options in the Orion Command Center are all designed to amplify efficiency. For example, Single Speaker Mode disables users from talking over one another when turned on, promoting a more constructive dialogue. Additionally, the new Broadcast Mode permits only group leaders to speak to the team. With these new functionalities, Orion Pro will be uniquely experienced by each user, in a way that enhances productivity across the board.
This update comes on the heels of Orion AppTalk, Orion Labs’ newly launched talk button feature that turns the Orion iOS application into a walkie-talkie app, helping users choose voice tools that fit the way they work.
“Voice is quickly becoming the enterprise’s interface of choice,” says Jesse Robbins, CEO and Co-Founder of Orion Labs, “And they need robust, secure controls built for all levels of their organizations. Orion Pro eases this fundamental shift with stronger security and greater governance.”
“Our pediatric facility spans three specialized centers, a dozen health care providers, and even more staffers tending to the need of thousands of patients, seven days a week. To say the least, communication is key,” says Dr. Mark A Long at Kennesaw Pediatrics, “Orion Pro has made it so much easier for our staff to stay in sync so we can provide better care for our patients. Being able to mix and match devices with App Talk for our desk staff and Onyx for our mobile team means everyone is able to stay in touch in a way that works for their role.”
New features for Orion Pro, accessed via the Orion Command Center, include:
- Single Speaker Mode for Groups – when turned on, allows for more productive conversation by disabling users from talking over one another.
- Broadcast Mode for Groups – only group leaders can speak; users will hear an error tone to alert them that this is enabled if they try to transmit a voice message.
- Onyx Talk Modes for Individuals – users can change how they talk to Onyx, with custom options for press-and-hold, latched mode (press to start, press to stop), and timed messages.
- Onyx Notifications – users can personalize their Onyx alerts, including turning off lights for stealth use and vibrating on incoming messages when Onyx is silenced.
- User Management – using the command center, admins can reset passwords and remove users from groups.
- Private Group – for increased security, admins can control who can join specific groups in, and outside, the organization. Sharing of invitation links for designated groups can be limited to designated users.
About Orion Labs
Orion Labs is transforming the way teams communicate and work using the power of their voice. Orion’s award-winning platform delivers secure, real-time voice communication across a constellation of connected devices, applications, and services. Orion gives mobile teams a heads-up, eyes-free experience that enables them to communicate without losing focus, across any distance, anywhere in the world. Orion recently won the 2018 “IoT Wearables Innovation Vendor of the Year” Award from IoT Breakthrough and has been recognized as a Hot Vendor by Aragon Research.
The company was founded by cloud infrastructure pioneers Jesse Robbins and Greg Albrecht who were inspired by their experiences using traditional radios as firefighters and EMTs. Orion Labs is backed by leading investors and is based in San Francisco, CA.