We’re committed to partnering with Orion Labs customers and users to help them understand and prepare for the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The GDPR is a comprehensive EU data privacy law and will go into effect on May 25, 2018.
Besides strengthening and standardizing user data privacy across the EU nations, it will require new or additional obligations on all organizations that handle EU citizens’ personal data, regardless of where the organizations themselves are located. On this page, we’ll explain our methods and plans to achieve GDPR compliance, both for ourselves and for our customers.
Getting Ready for the GDPR
• International Data Transfers
• Data Portability Solutions & Management Tools
• Stay Updated
Getting Ready for the GDPR
The GDPR’s updated requirements are significant and our team is working to bring Orion Labs service offerings and contractual commitments in compliance so customers are able to prepare before May 25, 2018. Measures to accomplish this include:
• Perpetual investment in Orion Labs security infrastructure
• Ensures we can continue to support international data transfers by achieving our Privacy Shield self-certifications, and by executing Standard Contractual Clauses through our updated Data Processing Addendum
• Product offerings that include new tools for data portability and data management
We continually monitor the guidance around GDPR compliance from privacy-related regulatory bodies and will adjust our plans accordingly if it changes. We’ll provide you with regular updates along the way so that you’re always current.
Orion Labs’s is committed to the security and privacy of our customers. As a cloud-based company entrusted with some of our customers’ most valuable data, we set high standards for security. In accordance with GDPR requirements around security incident notifications, Orion Labs will continue to meet its obligations and offer contractual assurances.
If you’d like to learn more about Orion Labs’s security policies and procedures, please see our privacy page.
International Data Transfers
To comply with E.U. data protection laws around international data transfer mechanisms, our self-certification is pending under the E.U.-U.S. Privacy Shield and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. These frameworks establish a way for companies to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States; additionally, Orion Labs’s utilizes European Union Model Clauses, also known as Standard Contractual Clauses, to meet adequacy and security requirements for our customers who operate in the E.U.
Data Portability Solutions and Data Management Tools
Compliance-related requests available include the following:
• Businesses and organizations may request access to all of their Customer Data through our Customer Support team.
• Orion Labs will comply with and assist customers in responding to end-user requests to delete personal information, such as names and email addresses, from an Orion Organization.
• The Orion Command Center allows customers to view their organization’s plan and settings, or contact an admin who controls the organization.
Orion Labs’s values security and privacy, and we’re here to help you prepare for all the changes the GDPR brings. We will update this page with GDPR-related information; Orion Labs is here to help you with compliance, and we hope you’ll reach out to us.